Monday, October 09, 2006

Poetry Pays At Least This is What Some Say


Some say

Some play

But as for me

I've got to find a way

To make this profession pay

Because I obviously

Possess the gift of poetry.

No matter what I try to do

My fingers find their way through

Taking me continually back to

This computer keyboard

My heart filled to overflowing

My mind is never bored

My incessant motivation toward

Writing and reading

Elaborating on ideas, issues and concepts

Uplifting people society rejects

The North American Library of Poetry

They gave me some recognition

Some small awards

But as for things monetary

This they did only...

Try to sell me their anthology

I know it pays the bills for them

But what about me?

I'm not blind you see

I too need to generate a fee

Poe published a little volume of poetry

Tamerlane and Other Poems

It is such a rare book now

A single copy sells

For more than a cow

Two-hundred thousand bucks to be exact

Had Edgar lived to handle such earnings

From this cash cow

He might have had

A heart attack

He could have bought

A life supply of Big Macs

Eaten breakfast everyday

Like a Hungry Jack

Not had to endure such flak

From unfriendly people

Been exalted by a capitalistic society

To the height of a steeple

Nevertheless life goes on

Greenbacks are daily needed to survive

Without money you cannot thrive

Not relationally

For romance

Without finance

Is foolishness

Not socially

For social gatherings cost money

Not occupationally

For dreams require dream teams

To push them through the womb

Sustain them after birth

Modify and maintain them

Lest they dwindle and reach dearth

Therefore this mouth

Must be compensated

This mind valued

These fingers upheld

The light over my head fueled

The fan in my hot Florida home

Kept a blowing

Lest I trade in this craft

And be up and going

Indeed I have a preference

But economically

There is no hesitance

Pay must soon come my way

For unlike Edgar Allan Poe

I shall rejoice in six figures

Before my body is disfigured and buried

This vision I have long time carried

Very soon it shall be happily realized

Because my poetic gift is exuberantly

Cherished, celebrated and prized!

Paul Davis is a masterful poet, worldwide professional speaker, minister and author of several books including Breakthrough for a Broken Heart; and Stop Lusting & Start Living.

Paul is a life coach (relational & professional), popular keynote speaker, creative consultant, humor being, adventurer, explorer, mediator, liberator and dream-maker.

Paul's compassion for people & passion to travel has taken him to over 50 countries of the world where he has had a tremendous impact. Paul has also brought revival to many in war-torn, impoverished and tsunami stricken regions of the earth. His organization Dream-Maker Ministries is building dreams, breaking limitations and reviving nations!

Paul's Breakthrough Seminars inspire, awaken, impregnate with purpose, impart the fire of desire, catapult people into a new level of self-awareness, facilitate destiny discovery and dream fulfillment.

Contact Paul to minister, speak at your event or for life coaching: RevivingNations@yahoo.com, 407-967-7553

For additional info: h**p://www.DreamMakerMinistries.com, h**p://www.CreativeCommunications.TV

Article Source: h**p://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Paul_Davis

Update Links : Blog Ipanks, Welcome to the Town of Feeling, Terhapusnya Dua Buah Blog.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP